Friday, July 20, 2012

A Quick Word About Digital Stories...

For one of our final adventures in the OWP Digital Writing Institute, we have been asked to engage in some form of digital storytelling. For me this process has largely involved experimenting with several different types of movie making software (Windows Movie Maker, Photo Story, etc.). This has been and continues to be a challenge; I'm currently between a rock and a hard place, so to speak ("I want the computer to do 'XYZ,' but it repeatedly insists on doing 'ABC!' My computer is mocking me!").

The story that I'm attempting to illustrate digitally is both extremely important and deeply personal to me. It's a story that I've been wanting to put together for a long time, yet I'm still rather uncomfortable about sharing it (I suppose that that's all the more reason to share it, really). This makes my technical difficulties seem even more frustrating to me considering that I not only want to share this story, but to do so in a manner that is aesthetically pleasing to me (for therapeutic purposes).

From here, I think I'm going to completely scrap the first draft of my project and start over using both different hardware and software ("Okay PC, I'm going to go hang out with Mac for a while. Call me when you're ready to behave"). We'll see how it goes from here...

No comments:

Post a Comment